Saturday, February 28, 2009

How to fail at life.

In an effort to a) motivate myself and b) make myself feel like a complete failure, I've compiled a list of movies and books that I need to see/read. Please make suggestions :) I trust you all.

These are in no particular order-
Movies I need to see:
The Fountain
Almost Famous
Schindler's List
Big Fish
Science of Sleep
A Beautiful Mind
Capote
Into the Wild
Citizen Kane
No Country for Old Men
Frost/Nixon
The Reader
There Will Be Blood
The Departed
Crash
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
Dead Poets Society
Terms of Endearment
Gandhi
Annie Hall
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Big Lebowski
Magnolia
Being John Malkovich

Books I need to read:
Everything is Illuminated
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Breakfast of Champions
Catcher in the Rye
Of Mice and Men
1984
Brave New World
High Fidelity
Things They Carried
My Antonia
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Irresistible Revolution
Franny and Zooey
Something by Vonnegut
Till We Have Faces
On the Road

So that's basically just off the top of my head, so I'm sure there's a lot I've forgotten.

No comments: