Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm not afraid of anything, even time.

So, I failed completely the first two days of Lent. Didn't even buy my journal until yesterday. Wrote in it tonight. But actually, I think it's going to be really good for me. I haven't realized it until now, but I've been really negligent of my personal/devotional/spiritual/introspective life.

Also for your consideration: a few songs that I really like right now.

1. The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol
(so, Snow Patrol has gotten progressively cornier with each release, but this song is cool :] has a cool beat)
2. Closer - Kings of Leon
(I don't know, this one is just kinda bad-ass)
3. I Know - Dear & the Headlights
(their new album is great! They grew a lot, added more depth musically)
4. Thanksgiving - Deb Talan
(I think this is thanks to Steve's mix, but I find myself singing this song aaaall the time)
5. Jon Foreman
(been playing all his music, but specifically I like "March", "Instead of a Show" and "Southbound Train")
6. Her Morning Elegance - Oren Lavie
(Thanks Chris for posting this video one day, the song is wonderful)
7. Devil Dressed in Blue - Right Away, Great Captain!
(This is Manchester Orchestra's lead singer Andy Hull's solo project. I'm a fan :)

That's my current list of favs, the tracks I play most often nowadays.

Tomorrow it is Saturday and I will laugh in the face of SEU's dress code.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Haha, glad you like the song too! I lost all my music when my harddrive crashed... and more importantly - all my ratings! I'm going to take a look at "Devil Dressed in Blue."

Peace!

Steve Mitchell said...

I'm glad you like that song! Deb Talan is wonderful, and is so much better in her early recordings (in my opinion). The Weepies are great, and I was excited that she got mainstream, but her early stuff has a special place in my heart (my sister introduced her to me many years ago, when she was a little-known Portland artist. I'll have to burn the whole album for you someday, its amazing.