Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Morning Reflections

1. I should be taking a shower, but I want to do this :)

2. I realized (though, I think Amy has said this before) that I like hearing people say my name. Or rather, hearing it said to me. It makes everything more special.

3. Frankly, I just want to be comfortable in life. Comfortable with myself and the people that I am closest to. I want to be challenged, but happy with what I'm doing, knowing that while I might have to work hard, I am capable of doing it. Knowing that while we'll have issues and disagreements, I'll never have to be embarrassed about burping in front of you or tripping all the time when I walk.

4. I'm pretty unashamedly pentecostal. I've gone through many phases: the crazy-dance-around-speak-in-tongues pentecostal, the I'm-ashamed-because-of-televangelists pentecostal, I'm-pentecostal-but-only-in-my-head pentecostal. But now I think I've reached a balance. Pentecostalism really is okay. At its heart it believes in equality, in justice and in peace. And where intellect fails, when I cannot think my way into God, its mysticism can deepen my understanding. I can be an intellectual and a Pentecostal at the same time.

5. I always have crazy epic dreams that should be action movies. I just had one this morning. I was leaping off of cliffs and running away from bad guys. And at one point I might've been Leonardo DiCaprio, even though I don't like him.

Thanks "25 Random Things" for making us think about ourselves all the time now.

3 comments:

the art of being ______ said...

hahaha. I KNOW. since everyone has been doing it constantly, I feel like we're all simultaneously, collectively being self-centered.

but I do think it's a good thing that we're all so unashamedly sincere. says something about us, right?

you're wonderful, & I love shouting your name when I see you.

Chris said...

I've still been coming up with things. I realized today that I really really want a motorcycle.

laurialigns said...

I really like number three. I can be ridiculously insecure, and one of my goals in life, however simple it may be, is to be happy and comfortable in my own skin.

I am so intrigued by the EPIDEMIC that the "random 25 things" became on Facebook! maybe it is proof of our essential human need to be known. :)