Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Have you ever gotten to a place in your life where you feel like you could go in a million directions? I mean, presently, I'll be living in Lakeland until I graduate. Living at home, getting an education, yada yada.

But after that? Anywhere! I could go ANYWHERE. I could literally do anything. And there's so many things to do! I could do the au pair thing, in Europe. I could do the school thing (amazing grad schools everywhere! Portland! Boston! Chicago! North Carolina! San Fransisco!) or I could do the teaching thing and go to Asia or Africa or the Middle East. Or the peace corps, or just take a year off and do whatever I want.

I'm feeling that feeling like the first time you read "Oh, the Places You'll Go." Or the first time you realize that there's a whole WORLD out there. It's a big world. But not so big that I can't take it in. I plan on taking it in.

Besides this glorious, liberating feeling, I'm also crazy excited by the fact that when I come home, it'll only be a few short weeks until summer. Summer means no classes. Shorts and skirts and tank tops. Thrift stores and windows-down-driving-to-the-beach.
I don't know about my job situation, if I'll be able to work at school or if I'll need to work at Barnes and Noble again (if they let me) or something else. But in any case, it's coming soon, and I'm glad.

No comments: