Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello folks.

I miss you, and I miss home. I mean, I'll be sad when we leave, and I'll definitely miss this city, but there's just too much about home that I miss. The people, my lifestyle, my bed, brownies–so much.

Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago was voted best album of the year by a lot of sources I trust. And acclaimed by friends. But I never really got into it, though I tried. I put it in my playlists, listened to it on shuffle, but I never loved it.

But at some point in time, Skinny Love grabbed me and said, "Hey, I'm AWESOME." I'm quite the fan now. I'm slowly creeping through the whole album, finding myself falling in love with all of it. Here's another good track. I have a special kind of appreciation for an album that grows on me.

2 comments:

Ashlyn Alyce said...

Skinny Love is definitely my fave on there.

Chris said...

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOr_FrJJWA

I almost saw Bon Iver at the Boston Art Museum last summer... it sold out at the last minute.