Saturday, March 28, 2009

You are my favorite.

So I was catching up on my blog-following (it's Shabbat, we've got the day off!) and bumped into Lauri's little list of favorite things, and I love lists of favorite things so I thought I'd share too :) but I too have a problem choosing ONE thing, so this is a little revised.

My Favorite Picture Lately
[of myself]

(his name was Jacov)


[just in general]

(this says "Salaam", which means "Peace" in Arabic.)


My Favorite Poem Lately

"Everyday You Play" by Pablo Neruda (one stanza)

You are like nobody since I love you.
Let me spread you out among yellow garlands.
Who writes your name in letters of smoke among the stars of the south?
Oh let me remember you as you were before you existed.


My Favorite Item of Clothing Lately

A good scarf.

My Favorite Quote Lately

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank.
That word "everything" encompasses way too much.

My Favorite Place Lately

Chocolate by the Bald Man - a gelato place close by.
You don't know how many sheqels I've spent.

My Favorite Song Lately



My Favorite Disney Princess (lately?)

Jasmine.
She was my favorite when I was little, I used to tell people my name was Jasmine.
She rocks.
but I love Belle too :)

3 comments:

the art of being ______ said...

I love EVERYTHING about this.

Raindrops is also one of my favourites, & Aladdin is DEFINITELY my favourite Disney film, & Pablo Neruda is my favourite poet..

hahaha.
basically, I just love you.
& you have excellent taste. :D

char said...

This is wonderful! If it was a day it would be perfect!

i miss you.

Katia Shtefan said...

That's a great stanza from Neruda...such a simple and yet accurate description of how love transforms.

If you really like Neruda, check out Red Poppy at www.redpoppy.net/pablo_neruda.php. It's a non-profit set up to create a documentary about Neruda, publish his biography, and translate his works into English. To see our blog on Neruda’s literary activism, go to http://www.redpoppy.net/journal/Pablo_Neruda_Presente.html.