Friday, October 17, 2008

All new things.


Today was a great day :)  The first half of it was mostly spent hanging out at the house, cleaning and toying with my amaaaazing new MacBook.  I hate to be the person who is in love with her gadgets, but it's really great.  And pretty: http://www.apple.com/.

But the reason today was great is because Madeline was born :) at 3:08 by c-section (poor mom.)  She's 6 pounds 5 ounces, 20.5 inches long.  That's a pretty normal size for a baby, maybe on the small side, but she looks sooooooo tiny!  Everything about her is little.  And I guess she's pretty thin for her length because she has little chicken legs.  I'll try to get a picture uploaded soon.

It's really strange thinking about having another part of the family.  It's just been the five of us for six years, and now there's another little person with us.  A little Madeline Hope Waddell.  And it was amazing to feel all the love in that little room when we went to see her.  Mom and Dad, exhausted and elated, hadn't gotten tired of holding her or smiling at her.  Papaw was pretty giddy, he likes grandkids like every good grandparent.  Rebekah was the best... first-time big sister which made her a little nervous, but proud when she could hold the baby for a few minutes without trouble.  It was great.  One of those moments that are just good all the way through.

Mom and Maddie get to come home sunday afternoon, but because mom had to get a c-section, she won't be able to do much for a couple weeks besides feed the baby and stuff.  I'm excited to see her tomorrow, I hope she opens her eyes :)  Now I'm off to bed, going to watch a movie on my shiny new love.

2 comments:

Steve Mitchell said...

Aw. How great. You're going to be a great big sis... again.

Anonymous said...

[hugs]

I wish you were my big sister.