Saturday, October 18, 2008

a softer world


for the last hour or so I've been watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with Hannah while starting the long process of transferring all my music/pictures/documents from my old computer to my new one.  I absolutely love weekends.  I never ever do homework.  Weekends are made for chilling.  Tomorrow Mom and Madi get to come home, which is great :) I wish I could stay at home all week and never go to school, but such is life, eh?  We gotta get that education.

I was reflecting on my education recently.  Everyone is always so surprised to find out that I'm 17, and talk about how smart I am and how they wished they had dual-enrolled or taken college courses earlier.  Why?  I didn't really plan on finishing so early... it was just the next step.  Homeschooling let me go at my own pace, which was a little faster than regular public school, so I finished my high school work a year early.  The natural progression then, is to start college.  I'm in no hurry... it just kind of happened to me.  And other than bragging rights, I don't really see the point of graduating college when you're 19.

All I really want to do is learn things that I don't know, teach things to people so they can learn things they don't know, and enjoy my life.  
Enjoying life includes:
Spending saturdays with family, just chilling
eating candy
holding babies
watching the Fellowship of the Ring even though I know every word

and writing blogs just because I want to share my life with friends that I love :)

P.S. if you have a minute (or 15) click on the Rob Bell link on the right and watch his video "Breathe."  I looooove it.

No comments: