Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Greatest Hits

My first post in this blog is inspired by Amy who was inspired by Charlie, a dear and fictional friend of ours. These are my Greatest Hits, some of the best moments of my life. Not big occasions, just little moments in time that meant something. They aren't really in any particular order, because I couldn't just choose one moment to be the best one of my life so far.

Katie's Greatest Hits
-
Going to Madame Tussauds wax museum in London and getting scared with my dad and having to take the emergency exit.
-Seeing Manchester Orchestra play at the Social
-Taking a 5 hour car ride to the beach with Jo, listening to the Beatles and eating red laces
-Nana teaching me how to crochet
-My first day in San Fransisco
-Dad reading the Hobbit to me
-My first time speaking in front of my youth group
-Mom and Dad laying in bed with me the night I got into my car accident
-Talking to the man in the waiting room of the hospital in Mobile, Alabama
-Going to the hospital with Jade and Paige the night Ashton was born
-Reading poetry in the library during Summer Scholars with Amy and Jay.
-Sitting in the big web with Tim and Jade, talking about important things.

What makes these things important? Did I know at the time that I would remember them so much? Or that they would make it onto this list of great moments? In five years will these still be important to me? I feel like my short life has been so long already: so many days, friends, tears, laughs, great times :)

2 comments:

char said...

AWWW, Katie, this is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

you're my greatest hit.


=)