Monday, October 20, 2008


Sometimes aren't you just overwhelmed with the wonderful things in the world?  So many wonderful things...

things like wind!  I love the wind!  The world feels like it's alive right now, everything's moving, the air smells beautiful and I am aware of my skin in a good way.  In the summer I want to peel it off because I'm so hot, so humid, so blanketed with sweat.  But nooooow, it's just wonderful and I'm enjoying my walks to class.

things like quiet evenings!  life gets tiring, you know?  tonight I didn't do anything, really.  Went to Mcdonalds with Charlototta and got a caramel sundae, worked on my current sewing project, watched some Arrested Development, listened to music etc.  

things like good friends turning up in unexpected places!  like Amy in the bathroom in Graves and Jason in the line in the cafe.  and even friends turning up in places that they usually turn up in.  I'm always happy to see you :)

things like remembering great times in life!  like Christmas carolling when I was little–the snow, the singing, the church bus, the warm apple cider and yummy food at the end of the night.  all my summer days and lakeland adventures with my posse.

I'm welcoming the season with open arms–dangling outside the window of my car when I drive at night.  Deep breaths and bright eyes to come in these next months.  Also: Conor Oberst, Manchester Orchestra and James Bond ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, katie. I love you so much. I wish I could hug you right now. forever.

or maybe just for a really, really long time.