Thursday, December 4, 2008

And it was good.

Last night I was restless. I came home from work later than I was supposed to, my head and jaw hurt (wisdom teeth? I hope not.) and I was somehow sad. I think the sadness came from realizing that maybe the little glows of happysillylove in my heart were fading, from anxiety about this next week, from sadness of all the friends that will be departing.

But thank God for friends. Charlotte and I crawled into our beds at about 12:45, both restless and in subtle pain. We stayed up till about 2 (or I did, Char might've stayed up later), nursing each other's wounds and fears, giving each other comfort in hope and the fact that God is in control and love comes to everyone. We reminded each other of the wonderful friends we have and reflected on some good times. We lamented together over the pain people put each other through (why do we do that? why do we hurt them?) but we had hope, because there are good people out there, and people really are capable of doing good and being good.

No comments: