Sunday, November 23, 2008

Teamocil!

I'd like to give a hearty thanks to my friends Steve and Pete with whom I spent a nice evening with on friday. The hot chocolate (or wine, in the guys' case), Wall-E, old records, card games, their encouragement in the face of my love-aches, pomegranate smoke and Arrested Development. It all reminds me of an article I read a looong time ago on relevantmagazine.com. The author quotes C.S. Lewis saying, “next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses.” And for every hour spent sharing thoughts and cuddles and food and movies and pipes, I am thankful for your (all my friends') presence in my life, and the holiness these moments bring. With facebook and texting being the primary way I connect with people nowadays, I'm thankful for the times when we can actually be together. Because, like the Bible says, when we hang out together (even just two or three), He's there.

A Requiem for Holy Moments (Why I Refuse to join Facebook) by Brett McCraken
http://relevantmagazine.com/pc_article.php?id=7476

Also: I watched part of Return of the King last night, and nobody does friendship better than hobbits :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Daniel Craig is in the list of things you love.

and how Ricky Gervais is in mine. QUITE a difference, haha.

<3

Steve Mitchell said...

(Temoocil may cause numbness of the extremities) haha.

It was fun, thank you for being there! let's do it again soon.