Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Times they are a-changin'

I feel like I'm stumbling into this new year. I feel like I'm in a new place in life, an awkward place, just like when I was a preteen–gawky, confused, excited, and definitely awkward.

In just a couple weeks I've seen two of my friends move to new and exciting places, while I have 2 more years of Lakeland and Southeastern to look forward to. And although I love my home, something new would be nice. A little change. But like Steve said (through "Life as a House") change happens so slowly that you don't realize it's happening.

So during these next few months I'll be spending my time trying to figure out exactly who I am, learn a little more about the world and how to live in it. How to be. Read more. Listen more. Love more. Worry less. Change, however slow or fast it may be.

2 comments:

Ashlyn Alyce said...

I hear you...
I feel like I am surrounded by change, none of which is mine. I'm just indirectly and deeply affected by all of the people entering new seasons of life.

Steve Mitchell said...

I'm there on the "read more. listen more. love more" We should start up some kind of book club type thing. Except not limit it to books. Like a once-a-week culture session, where we get a bunch of people together in a cool atmosphere (i'll totally open up my apartment) and share really cool stuff: movies, music, poems, magazine articles etc. That would be amazing.